MINIMUM SIGN ON REQUIREMENTS
The following are Kaplan’s minimum requirements for all applicant-drivers to haul freight under its authority. While the comprehensive and abundant FMCSA regulations are the industry standard and an applicant may be a safe and qualified driver pursuant to the regulations, Kaplan has elected to maintain higher standards than that of the industry as part of its continued commitment to safety.
AS SUCH, ANY APPLICANT-DRIVER MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Must have a Class A CDL for at least (2) years. Military driving experience may count in place of (1) year with Class A CDL. A Class A CDL may not be required for box trucks, yard movers, and similar equipment. These requirements are subject to review.
- Must have a minimum of (2) years tractor trailer experience (either over-the-road or local work). Military experience may count toward (1) year of experience. This requirement may not apply to box trucks, yard movers, and similar equipment.
- Must have a minimum of (6) months verified steel, aluminum, and/or other metal commodities hauling experience if driver intends to haul these commodities. Furthermore, if driver intends to haul steel, aluminum and/or other metal commodity coils, then driver must have a minimum of (3) months experience hauling these coils
- Must not have an excessive number of convictions for moving violations in a CMV in the past (3) years
- No more than (3) preventable accidents in the last (3) years
- No preventable rollovers within these (3) years
- No preventable accidents resulting in fatalities
- No felony convictions involving the use of a CMV
- No drug violations of any kind in the last (10) years. Beyond (10) years may still be reviewed
- No DUI’s in the last (5) years, personal vehicle included
- All other convictions not mentioned will be subject to review